Frequently Asked Questions
My brewer is broken. Can you send someone out to service our machine?
- C150s are not fixable, if they break as a whole, but replacement parts are available. C200s, C400s, C500s, and Baristas are all able to be serviced.
- Tech service and repair is provided by the customer’s DISTRIBUTOR, not Lavazza Professional. We do not provide/guarantee any tech service. Our field techs train distributor’s techs, who then go out and service customers’ machines.
- If there are additional questions, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are your products Kosher certified?
- YES! All of our drinks are Kosher certified. The letters “KLBD” located on the back of all the FreshPacks indicate this certification. LBD = London Beth Din
- You can find this information listed on the nutrition page of our Lavazza Professional/ Mars Drinks webpage: https://lavazzapro.com/
- We also have the current year Kosher Certifications available upon request.
Are there hazelnuts in the Hazelnut Coffee?
- No! We use a combination of naturally & artificially flavored vanilla and caramel powder to create the Hazelnut flavor, no actual nuts are used.
What’s in the coffee?
- Most of are coffees are just 100% Roasted Whole Bean Coffee.
Are your Freshpacks recyclable?
- Yes—and no. Our Freshpacks CANNOT be recycled through regular municipal recycling programs because, while some components of the pack are recyclable, others are not; however, we do have a program in place where the Freshpacks can be recycled and it is called Recycle Your Freshpacks.
- To learn more about the program, customers can visit RecycleYourFreshpacks.com
- To participate in the program, they would need to use a distributor who participates in the program, as not all distributors do. It does cost the distributors money to participate, but it provides a competitive edge over Keurig.
How do I become a distributor of your coffee?
How can I purchase your coffee for our office?
- Convert them into a Lead!
You can re-direct them to lavazzapro.com to fill out the Free Demo tab. Note that this doesn’t commit them to an actual demo, it just puts them in touch with a distributor that best fits their needs within 30 miles of their location.
If their office is smaller you can:
- If it’s close to 20 people, you can also give them the information for our E-Com sites, or DS Services number, as they accept smaller companies.
Can you tell me your prices for coffee and machines for our office?
- We cannot give out prices to end users who call in interested in getting set up with one of our coffee systems in their office. Whichever distributor they decide to go with, they would be the ones to give them pricing information. You can offer to take their information in as a Lead in Sales Force so you can get them connected with some distributors. Or you can also suggest they go to MyFlavia.com to order, however make sure they know that service/setup/repairs are not covered if they order through ecommerce.
What are the dimensions of the C500?
- Height: 17.1”
- Width 10.6”
- Depth 19.9”
- Weight: 27.8 lbs (out of the box)
- Pack bin holds up to 24 freshpacks
- Drip tray is removable
What are the dimensions of the Barista?
- Height: 17”
- Width 21.8”
- Depth: 20.6”
- Weight: 78.5 lbs (out of the box)
Can I brew espresso on the C500?
- No, espresso is only able to be brewed on the Barista machine. You can brew a concentrated coffee using the Over Ice feature on other brewers, but you can only brew a true espresso (using the red nozzle packs) on the Barista machine.
What are the coffee size options on the C500 and Barista?
- Small – 5.4 oz.
- Regular – 7 oz.
- Large - 8.3 oz.
- Over Ice – 3 oz.
- Espresso – 1.35 oz. (BARISTA ONLY!)
What types of coffees do you offer?
- We offer a full range of light, medium, and dark roast coffees.
- Currently we have our own brand of coffee, Alterra, as well as two licensed brands: Peet’s and Starbucks, La Colombe, Balzac’s, and Lavazza.
- Interested customers can view the full list of coffees as well as descriptions of each one on our website at https://www.lavazzapro.com
What’s the expiration date on the coffee/tea?
- On the back of each pack is printed a production code with a BBE (Best Before End OR best enjoyed by) date (a.k.a. an expiration date.) It’s the series of numbers on the second line of the production code to the right. It’s in the format YY.MM.DD (reading Year. Month. Day).
- The BBE date on coffee is determined to be 15 months from the time the coffee is packaged.
- The BBE date on the tea is determined to be one year from the time the tea is packaged.
- We guarantee that all of our product will be good for 3 months from the time it leaves our warehouse.
How many rails in a box?
- Most coffee and tea have 5 rails to a case, each rail containing 20 packs
- Some specialty drinks and licensed brands have 4 rails with 18-20 packs per rail
- A drinks/case count can be found on the Lavazza Order Form
Are you Freshpacks BPA free?
Original approved message: Lavazza Drinks specifies that all of our packaging materials complies with applicable legislation in our markets. Recognizing our customers concerns about BPA, in 2009 Lavazza Drinks added to our specifications a requirement that BPA should not be used in the manufacture or processing of our packaging materials. We set tight specifications for the materials used in our brewers including a requirement to meet applicable regulatory controls. None of our brewer water system components are made from Polycarbonate.
Updated, user-friendly message: BPA is not used in our drinks packaging
- Approved by Kath Veal 9/8/14
Is the coffee vegetarian?
Thank you for your inquiry on the vegetarian status of our flavored coffee products. Per the information provided by our flavor supplier, the sugar used in their flavors undergoes charred bone filtration, a very common filtration process used in the sugar industry to filter out sugar impurities. Although the charred bone is effectively removed from the sugar after filtration, it is Lavazza policy to consider sugar processed with charred bone as not suitable for vegetarians.
You can find full product nutritional information at:
If you require any further information, do not hesitate to contact your local sales representative
Are your coffees gluten free?
- Approved response: “We do not add any gluten containing ingredients to any of our current products”
- Essentially there’s no gluten in any of our ingredients, but we can’t guarantee that they weren’t in contact with gluten somewhere along the supply chain, which is why we can’t say “Gluten Free”
Is there corn byproduct in the flavored coffees (French Vanilla & Hazelnut)?
- The flavor utilized in French Vanilla & Hazelnut coffees does contain maltodextrin, which is derived from corn.